The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welfare Ducks


We have had several really lovely days in a row now and it makes me think that spring really is on its way. Sunshine, temps in the 50's, haze cleared out of the valley, really nice.

However the forecasters are predicting rain for us today, but I have yet to see a drop. And we have a play date planned for this afternoon. HT is beside himself with excitement!

Anyway there's a wide spot in the road by the canal just a short walk from our house where the ducks and other fowl like to congregate. There are even a few goats. The fowl have picked this spot because they have figured out that someone will come along and throw them a crust of bread. They no longer fly south for the winter and I'm pretty sure they couldn't if they tried, pretty sure they live there year round. In fact the county got tired of us humans leaving empty bread bags behind and making a mess and they have set up garbage cans for public use. They have even put up a fence and painted parking spots.

So yeah, we went and fed the welfare ducks, contributed to their delinquency. I'll repent tomorrow. I was just glad to get out of the house and so were the boys.







I'm linked up today. Click buttons for more Wordful Wednesday fun.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! We feed welfare ducks and Canadian geese (that actually seem to be Alabama geese since they never leave us in the summer) in a pond near our house too. God bless those silly birds!

Anonymous said...

Love your photos! Looks like a perfect day for you and the welfare ducks.

Happy Weekend! Any big plans?
-FringeGirl

Sara said...

That's so cool! You almost have your own petting zoo! We only have squirrels and the neighbor's cat running around. Oh, this summer the boy next door called our boys out to see a turtle. And I don't think you're contributing to their delinquency. You're giving a "helping hand" :-)!

So, I wanted to tell you about a book that has been really influential to me as a mom trying to be in God's word. It's called Ten Minute Time Outs for God by Grace Fox. My mom got it for me after I had our youngest--I think she knew! Anyway, it's awesome. Scripture, a short reflection, prayer and a prayer for your children. I could read it while I wandered around the kitchen in the morning grabbing juice and Pop Tarts! :-)