The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Thursday, November 3, 2011

October in Review

I said in my last post that a lot had been going on here but that it wasn't very pleasant or very news worthy,  well I have changed my mind and I'm going to take a page out of my friend Sarah's book and do a recap of last month.  After all if I am blogging to remember I haven't done a very good job of keeping track this month of the minutia of our every day lives.

Sometimes I'm okay with that and sometimes as I see it all dripping down like water through a sieve, I feel so thirsty that I want to rush in with a bucket and gulp it all down before it's all gone.

Sometimes life happens and there's a hole in my bucket.

Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to carry it all one handed, like I've got one hand tied behind my back and I struggle with it all.

This time I kinda sorta do.


I injured my shoulder at the beginning of the month and had surgery on the 24th to repair a torn rotator cuff and remove some calcification on the bone.  It is now sore rather than being painful so I feel like it was a success.  You might expect me to be on pins and needles waiting for the surgeons and anesthesiologists bill to come.  I'm not really though, because truth be told I am at peace about the whole thing, God has provided for all our needs, far more than we could have hoped for or asked and I am in awe once again.

In the midst of all that, this happened.


And then God blessed us with this, for 1/3 of the asking price, low miles, good upholstery, newish tires and in good running order.  Can I get an "Amen"?


Besides celebrating the boys birthdays, we've carved pumpkins.


Been trick-or-treating.

Twice, once at Auntie's work and once with friends.

We had a fabulous time!

And like any good mother (NOT!) I forgot to bring along my camera, the kids candy buckets and something else, I have already forgotten again . . . hmmm . . so it must not have been too much of a big deal.

Oh yeah, it was the glow sticks.

Oh well, the kids didn't seem to mind.

I did take a few pictures with my cell phone.  Now if I could only figure out how to get them off the phone and onto this here blog.

Not to worry though I do have some pictures that I took when we went to Auntie's work.


Someone wasn't very happy about being woken up from his nap, forced to put on a dragon costume and get in the car although he was soon happy enough when he saw that there was candy to be had.



This fall weather has been as spectacular and as gorgeous as was our summer weather and we have really been enjoying it.


Oh, and in the news from September category, I got a job!

Yeah, me!  

A part-time job working for one of our local quilt shops and I have really been enjoying it.  However with my arm in a sling I haven't worked much this month and all my pending projects have been put on hold.  But I am itching to get back to it.

I am so grateful and so thankful for God's goodness and mercy raining down that my cup runneth over spilling all over the place and that my friend's is always (at least to me) news worthy.

"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever;
With my mouth will I make known
Your faithfulness to all generations."
Psalm 89:1

9 comments:

Jared said...

Txt the pictures to your email address. Glad things are working out. :)

Diane said...

So sorry for the yuk going on right now. Hope you have a great weekend! :O)

Anonymous said...

Life - the good and the bad. In color and personal - thanks for sharing. We sure love you guys and continue to pray for God's blessings to overflow :)
Leila

Charming's Auntie said...

Or you could bring your phone upstairs and I can hook it up to my laptop and take the pictures off that way. =)

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you and your sweet fam. Thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

Oh goodness....the shoulder, the car...the job. That IS a lot! It sounds like you've seen God at work to provide and care for you even in the middle of such frustration, and I suppose that's the point sometimes, isn't it, that God is faithful, even in (especially in!) the not-always-so-pretty everyday life.

thedomesticfringe said...

Hey, I somehow lost your email address. I was trying to send you a note and see how you're doing. Hope things are on the upswing! Praying for you and your family.
~FringeGirl

Michelle DeRusha said...

Oh Sydney, that is rough -- I am so sorry about the arm and the car! I will pray for continued healing.

But the job sounds great -- perfect for you and your passion! And I just LOVE the quilt pictured in the post below -- you are so incredibly talented. Love you!

Laura said...

wow, there's a lot to catch up on!
First of all, I'm glad you surgery was a success and I totally believe God will provide. I've been learning that in my own life too. Rock on with the new car!
Also, your jack-o-lanterns make me think of Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales!
Here's to a fabulous November!