The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day - remebering those who have left us revisted.

The other half of my post didn't post so here it is all on it's own.

Grandpa Leroy - One of my most vivid memories of him occurs when I was about 8 years old and my sister and I went to stay with he and Grandma Margaret; he came in after a long day of work and sat down in his chair and looked at the ceiling and said "Margaet where are my cigarettes?"  He seemed to never be able to find anything, he was always looking at the ceiling when he was asking he where something was.  I don't really remember him speaking much, when he was around us I mostly remember his quiet.

Grandma Margaret - I got to know her so much more than Grandpa Leroy, we had her for a lot longer, I remember her smile, her laugh, her habit of cutting off peoples heads in pictures, her generosity, her wit, helping mama take care of her, watching dad read to her, loving her so much, missing seeing her every day

Aunt Barbara - Mostly I remember her smile, her joy, her love.

Aunt Carol - I remember always thinking she was glamerous, we didn't see her often but she always seemed to be put together and she cared about us.

Aunt Winoa & Aunt Rhea - my grandpa's sisters - I mostly remember their little yappy dogs.  Mom would take us to visit and we would beg to stay in the car because we were a little bit afraid of those dogs.  I found a box of pictures that I think were all Aunt Winoa's it makes me a little sad that we didn't really know them.  I think we would have liked a lot of the same things.

I don't have pictures of my Aunt Barbara or Aunt Carol. It makes me just a little bit sad that I don't know my mom's family better, we always lived in Utah and they always lived in California.  I am so grateful for the time we had with Grandma and love seeing what is happening in the lives of my Uncle Gordon and my California cousins.




No comments: