The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Thursday, December 29, 2011

December in Review

Well the month is almost over and so is this year.  I'll not be sad to see it go, not because it was an especially bad month or year but because it is better to look forward than to wallow in the past.

Anyway . . .

It has been a busy month.  The week before Christmas being the busiest of all as I'm sure many of you can attest too.  All in all it was a good Christmas, a good month.

The boys had fun running all over the christmas tree lot, "helping" us pick out the perfect tree.  HT  really wanted one like Charlie Brown's.

I found these two cars in the fridge one morning.
 Then I found this one the following day hiding in the stable.  Even Italian race cars worship the King.
HT had his Winter Program at pre-school.  Lasted a whole 7 minutes.  I know, right?!
 He sure was cute though and did his Mama proud.
 We came home and decorated Snoopy's doghouse . . . 4 times, thank you very much.
 Some of us are having fun.
Do I look like I'm having fun, or does that face say, "If you ever buy these again Auntie, you are doing the decorating, NOT me!"?
I've mentioned here before how this boy does love a bucket.  They do make the most fashionable head gear . . . for a two year old.
 
The Christmas eve service at church with the "impromptu" live nativity was really enjoyable and the kids had fun acting out the parts.


HT could hardly wait to dive into the presents on Christmas morning.
The boys got everything they could have asked for and more.  The only specific request made was for a treasure map.  So Papa sat down and drew one for HT and he had fun following it and finding where X marked the spot.  His treasure was a boxed set of Roald Dahl books and we have been reading James and the Giant Peach and he is loving it.
EM was content to play with his "marmol machine" as he calls it. For those of you who don't speak toddler, "marmol" means marble.  He also got several dump trucks or "dumb frucks" as he calls them, which can be quite amusing, unless you are walking into the store as he sees one and he starts telling you all about it in the loudest possible voice. "Wook mama, dumb fruck!"
And finally we feasted on roast lamb for Christmas dinner with my brother and his family.

Merry belated Christmas to you all and I pray that God will bless you and yours in the coming New Year!

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. 
Amen."

Revelations 22:21

3 comments:

Jared said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

the domestic fringe said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas! I'm not really sad to see this year go either, but I remember saying that last year and I don't want to wish my life away. You know? So I'm trying to adjust my attitude. The new tude isn't quite 'sticking' yet. I'm still working on it. ;-)

Your boys are adorable. I'm glad they had a happy Christmas.
~FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year :)
Love you all so mmuuch.
Leila