The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Friday, December 10, 2010

Chocolate Mint M&M Cookies


Several years ago when M&M's introduced a mint M&M at Christmastime. I decided they deserved to be in a cookie, a chocolate cookie, so I took my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and fiddled with it a bit and came up with this yummy confection. I mean what goes better with chocolate than mint, right?

Chocolate Mint M&M Cookies

2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda dissolved in 2 TBS hot water
4 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
2 bags 9.9 oz mint M&M's

You can only get mint M&M's at Christmastime so I usually buy a few extra bags and throw them in the freezer, 'cuz these are good any time of the year.

1. Cream butter and sugars, then mix in eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda mix.


2. Mix in the cocoa. Then stir in the rest of the flour.


3. Keep your helpers from putting their fingers in the dough.


4. Add the mint M&M's


5. Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet or you can use an ice cream scoop. I lined my pan with parchment paper. This keeps the cookie sheet clean so all you have to do after you are done baking is throw away the paper, let the cookie sheet cool and then put it back away. (I love parchment paper.)


6. Bake at 375 degree for 9 to 11 minutes.


7. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy the warm chocolate-y, minty goodness. But don't eat too many, remember we made these for sharing.

Wait, while I lick the chocolate off my fingers . . . now there's chocolate on the keyboard . . . dang.

I like to put them in Ziploc baggies and then wrap them up with cellophane like a giant Tootsie Roll for gift giving. You can fit about 12 to 14 cookies in a bag, depending on the height of the cookie. Thing is you can put the whole wrapped package in your freezer and when a neighbor drops by you've got something ready to give in return.


Enjoy.

Now I think I'll go have another cookie.

Yum.

Oh, but before you go make your own, hop on over to Life in Grace for The Great Christmas Cookie Freeze, for more cookie recipes.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Great recipe and I love the way you packaged them! :O)

Anonymous said...

Those look absolutely delish! I love your packaging too!!

Jared said...

Speaking from personal experience... these are da bomb-diggity

Annette said...

Love me some chocolate and mint! I may have to try these. ☺
Cute packaging idea too.

Anonymous said...

You know I've GOT TO try these, right?

Looks fabulous!

Hope you have a nice weekend.

-FringeGirl

~Kathie~ said...

Yummy looking cookies and love the packaging!

{edie} said...

oh now that looks yummy. love the packaging too. thanks so much for linking up my dear!
lots of love,
edie

cute kiddos too!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

ooh those look yummy and I love the tip for wrapping them up and freezing for last minute gifts! So clever! Your munchkins are adorable by the way. Merry Christmas/happy holidays!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Oh man, I need to have one of those RIGHT now!

And I love the way you packaged them up as gifts. Nicely done!

Melanie said...

Made these tonight. Delish! Thanks for the recipe.