The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh, Happy Day


EM turned one year old today, not that he was much into birthday celebrations.  It's sometimes hard to believe that a year ago we were welcoming him into our family and now I can't imagine life without him.  He is growing so big and he delights me every day with his antics.  He has figured out that he can walk backwards and had to show off his new talent to Grandma and Grandpa when they got here from MN yesterday.  He has also discovered that he has inflection in his voice and will walk around saying "Uh-ah" in a sing song of high note then low note.  He's got competing cowlicks in the back of his hair which often result in an Alfalfa type hairdo that is just so darn cute!  Not that I'm biased or anything.

Happy Birthday my little big man.  I love you.




Lord, thank you for the blessing of this day, for the love of little ones and for the life you have given me.

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.  To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."  Psalm 30: 11-12

2 comments:

ann.e said...

Happy birthday little guy! He really is the cutest - I loved seeing him toddle around at church this week :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son!

-FringeGirl