The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat


Yeah, these pictures have nothing to do with the post today, but aren't they cute!?


So, I've been tagged, the tricks on me.


I've decided that being tagged is the blogger version of a chain letter. I've received many more than one chain letter in my life and have participated in a few but the results were always less than promised. So don't get your hopes up. Although I'm sure reading my answers will be a real treat.


What?!

NO!


Suffer through it any way and there may be another treat at the end or a trick, you decide.


For those of you who have never known the joy of a chain letter or being tagged in blogland, it is really very simple, to participate you answer the following 8 questions and then tag 8 people.  Here are the questions asked of me.

1. What is the one food that you detest?

There is more than one but in light of the upcoming holidays, I must confess that I really do not like pumpkin pie and furthermore eggnog is a drink only those with iron stomaches could possibly ever consume. Okay so that was two.

2. What is your perfect day?

Hmmm, one without whining, I suppose, that would include yours truly of course.

3. If you could take a vacation next week, where would you go?

To the Oregon coast, Cannon Beach to be specific.

4. What are your five favorite blogs?

Really, do I have to answer that?   There are lots of blogs that I like and for many different reasons so hows about if I just tell you about five that I find funny. Hyperbole and a HalfCatalog Living, The Lumberjack's Wife, Parenting by Dummies and Nice Girl Notes


5. What are your thoughts on Facebook?

Well since I don't have a Facebook account I haven't posted any thoughts on Facebook, so if you would like to know my thoughts . . . wait sometimes I don't even know my own thoughts. Spooky. I suppose you could come check my blog every now and again, sometimes I'm very thoughtful and sometimes not.

6.  Are your parent's technological goobers like mine?

My parents are dead so I think I would have to say yes, although when they were alive they did own a computer and I know that my dad did surf the net on occasion but I don't think my mom ever did.  Not sure really.

7.  If you had to choose between losing 15 pounds forever OR having perfect skin, but putting on 15 pounds permanently . . .  what would it be?

Huh?  Since my skin has always been good comparatively speaking, I would love to lose 15 or more pounds.

8.  What is your best recipe?

I make a killer chocolate chip cookie . . . but I'm not sharing, well, maybe, but that will have to be another post.

Whew, all done, wasn't that a treat?  Now time for another trick.

It's your turn.

I tag you.

You.

Yes, you, reading this right now, I'm sure there are eight of you who are reading this, you decide who you are and whether or not you'll play along,  the treat part is that I am going to give you 8 new questions.

Ready?  

Here goes.

1.  How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?  Really, I would like to know.

2.  What did Peter do with the peck of pickled peppers he picked?  I mean seriously did he eat them or what?

3.  When Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch that pail of water, why did Jack fall down and break his crown?

4.  Why do Tweedle beetles fight battles with their paddles in a bottle?

5.  Did the North-Going Zax and the South-Going Zax ever solve their dispute or are they still standing there in their tracks in the prairie of Prax?  Surely one of them has had to go pee by now.

6.  If you could wish to wish a wish, what wish would you wish for?

7.  For breakfast Christmas morning would you rather have Merry Christmas Mush to munch or flapjacks flapped by a fat flapjack flapper in a flat flapped-jack cap?

8.  You thought a thought.  But the thought you thought wasn't the thought you thought you thought.  If the thought you thought you thought had been the thought you thought, which thought would you have thought?

Get it? Got it. Good!

Now go forth and conquer,  you can answer the questions on your own blog with a post or just answer any or all by leaving me a comment or not.  If you do do a blog post let me know by leaving me a comment with a link.  

I can't wait to read your all answers.



6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh, honey! I think this is one of the funniest things I've EVER read! Which isn't good at 11:45pm after the kids are snug in their beds. I'm hurting myself holding in my guffaws!!! I'll have to come back and read it again tomorrow when I can LOL! You know? laugh out loud?

Joyce said...

I loved this! I think you are spot on in the chain letter/blog tag analogy.

Your answer to #2 is my favorite : )

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of eggnog either. Your kids are just adorable! Kudos to you for the new questions...so funny.

I'm going to check out some of your favorite blogs...
-FringeGirl

Taylor said...

I wonder who tagged you in this . . because I think I came up with those original questions! :) maybe?

Thanks for the shoutout-it is most appreciated! Your kids are super cute! :)

Unknown said...

Taylor, I was tagged by FringeGirl who was tagged by Jill, who I think you tagged, so yes I think those are your original questions.

Jared said...

See your second post...