The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eight Months Old

This is my sweet boy, my sweet little bundle of energy that goes and goes and goes every waking hour.  He has completely worn himself out (and me).

He turned eight months old on Sunday.

The teething continues, the drooling continues, has two teeth and one on the way, has learned how to crawl but would rather walk and now that he is mobile absolutely hates to be confined.  He is pulling himself up onto everything he can and has decided to tackle the stairs.

He gives the best hugs and slobbery open mouth kisses that only a mother could love.  Takes delight in the simplest things and delights me every day.  Loves to giggle at his brother who in turn loves to make him giggle.

And I love him very, Very much.

Lord, help me to raise this child with wisdom, with patience, with grace and with compassion.  Help me to "Train up {this} child in the way he should go. . . "  (Proverbs 22:6)  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious post . . . and a precious boy! They grow up so fast, don't they? Love that verse. :)

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Oh, I love eight months -- I remember eight months. So sweet...

I have sons, too. Four of them. Come by and see me for some mom inspiration and encouragement!

the domestic fringe said...

That is such a sweet picture! ...and post too.

He's beautiful, a precious gift for sure.
-FringeGirl

Liz said...

Oh I just want to cuddle him! What a sweet, sweet boy. :)

Liz

Michelle DeRusha said...

Hello there!
Thanks for stopping by Graceful last week -- sorry it's taken me a bit to come by here. Your photo is so sweet -- what a doll! Eight months was my favorite age -- right before my wild man started walking!

Oh, and I cracked up over your post below about your room resembling the Island of Sodor. Yes, been there too!

Hunca Munca said...

Oh, he is sooooo sweet. Your description of him sounds exactly like Sam at that age. Drools, hates to be confined, on the go constantly, hugs and slobbery kisses. Enjoy every minute left of his first year.