The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kid Friendly Nativity

I have wanted a kid friendly nativity set for a couple of years now and this year my sister-in-law found this set by Melissa and Doug and it fits the bill perfectly.  Thanks Dawn!  

The set we had when I was young my grandmother brought home from Jerusalem.  Its amazing that it survived the trip.  However it did not survive us kids and there were several casualties over the years.  My brother Jared is now the proud owner of what's left of it.

I love that the boys can touch it and play with it and perhaps learn hands on what Christmas is all about and its a good visual for the verses we are reading daily with our advent calendar.  Most importantly they like it too.  The baby Jesus piece is two-sided (the only piece that is) one side shows an empty cradle and the other shows the baby.  HT  has decided that he likes the side with the baby in the cradle best and immediately turned him around when we set it up with the empty cradle side facing outward.


Take a good look, because this is probably the last time you will see it all together.  I have already picked up several pieces and put them back more than once as EM seems to favor the sheep and the shepherds.





For to us a child is born, to us a son is given. . .  
Isaiah 9:6

3 comments:

Annette said...

Nice!
I love the Melissa and Doug stuff. ☺

Roo {NiceGirlNotes} said...

You know, I've been thinking about getting this, and I'm totally down with Melissa & Doug. Thanks for the review!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Love this Melissa and Doug nativity -- I just wrote about an accessible, hands-on nativity at my place. It's my big thing this year -- the boys were just playing with it tonight. Noah laid all the figures face-down on the coffee table. When I asked why he answered, "Because they are worshipping Jesus." Sounds good to mee.