The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lazy Day Hodgepodge


It's Wednesday again, must be time for the Hodgepodge, and I'm sure you know by now that it's seven questions and one random thought and I figured I wasn't too lazy to participate today so here goes.

1.  If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why?  (If you're in the US here's a helpful list.)

I took one look at that list and was appalled.  No wonder our government is so deeply in debt.  And I was too lazy to look at the whole thing and pick something, probably because I have no desire to work for our government.

2.  How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?

Gosh, if I refused to forgive I would be a mess.  I have known plenty of stubborn people who have hung on to a hurt for years and it has made them a not very nice person.  Forgiveness frees me from anger, pain, resentment, bitterness and all the heartache that comes from holding a grudge.

3.  What is your favorite meatless supper?

Growing up if there wasn't meat on the table and a dessert to be had my father said it wasn't a meal.  However there were those rare occasions when we would have coffee cake and/or popcorn for supper.  Mom usually let us make it ourselves and I have fond memories of doing so.  

Today I would have to say macaroni and cheese ( I'm not talking Kraft here people) with a side salad or better yet a fresh picked garden tomato still warm from the sun on a sandwich with mayonnaise, a little salt and pepper, maybe lettuce, a slice of cheese and a great big dill pickle.  Yum.  Now if only I had me some bacon.

4.  Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day ... will you be celebrating?  If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too.

Really, I never knew there was such a thing.  Somehow I think that many of us don't need an excuse to shirk our responsibilities.  Must be run by a government agency.  Anyway if I had the time and money I would love, Love, LOVE a spa day.  Pretty sure that won't happen so I guess I will have to settle for a pedicure.  But. . . can't really afford that either.  So maybe I'll just sit on the couch, eat bon bon's and watch soap operas. ;~)

5.  As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they?  If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children?

I can remember going shopping with my Mom for new jeans and fabric so she could make me new clothes, other than that I think she was just glad to get us out the door (there were 8 of us).

My boys are still little and not yet in school.  Well, HT is going to go to preschool again this year but only for 2 1/2 hours, 3 days a week.  At this age he really doesn't need much.

6.  Write a summer tongue twister.

I'm too lazy, you write one.

7.  Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle?

I have fainted at the sight of my own blood.  Does that answer your question?

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Even though I made light of working for the government above I have a very beautiful, intelligent niece who is working as a liaison for the state department in a place that is anti-American and no respecter of women.  Please say a prayer for her.

If you're not feeling too lazy leave me a comment then click on the button and go see what laziness everyone else is up to or not as the case may be.

Okay for some reason I can't get the button to work and I'm too lazy to figure out why so click here instead.

7 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

i didn't think about macncheese...yummy!

Joyce said...

I love how you embraced the whole 'lazy' theme : ) The list is pretty apalling-I agree. I will say a prayer for your neice. We hear about anti-Americanism but experiencing it first hand on a regular basis is wearing.

Amiee said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs. reading about all that yummy food ;)

Enjoy your lazy day!

Krista said...

Funny stuff :)

Unknown said...

Mac and cheese with a salad sounds wonderful!

the domestic fringe said...

I'm so lazy I am I cooking instant mashed potatoes. Right now. I think I would be a social worker for DHS. That's probably the worst job ever, but I'm a gluten for punishment.

And National Lazy Day? Who knew? Actually for some people, I think they celebrate everyday. ;-)
-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

Loved your lazy day answer!! You know, you'd think that with me being a teacher and being home all summer, that I'd watch some soaps. I haven't had time!!! Such craziness!

Kudos to your niece for the work she's doing. I taught at a Muslim school last school year and developed an empathy for their struggles in this country. I can't imagine what it must be like to be an American overseas.