The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Message In a Hodgepodge Bottle


May day, may day, it's Wednesday's Hodgepodge and I'm "sending out an S.O.S."  That's what came to mind when I read Joyce's post for this weeks questions and now I've got Sting singing in my head.  Thanks Joyce.  NOT!

Hum along with me will you.

1.  Have you ever been served breakfast in bed?  Do you enjoy that?  If someone was serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray?

Um. . . yes.  But it wasn't very romantic or sweet, it was delivered by a hospital cafeteria worker after I'd given birth to both my babies, no roses, no mimosa, no tender peck on the cheek.  Sigh.  It wasn't exactly the highlight one dreams about.  Frankly I'd rather eat at the breakfast table rather than getting crumbs in the bed and as long as someone else cooks and cleans up they can serve me anything they want . . . well almost anything.

2.  What is one piece of advice that you would give to a new mother?

Don't sweat the small stuff, it all comes out in the end anyway and keep plenty of wipes on hand.

3.  When was the last time you wanted to scream?  Explain.

I'm finding this one hard to answer, 'cuz even though I'm sure I have wanted to scream it rarely does any good and just makes others scream back at you louder and my ears would rather not hear it.

4.  Can you hula hoop?

Nope.

5.  What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you?

Pretend like they know how to drive.

6.  What do you do when people don't admit that they are wrong?

Ignore them.  I have found it best to heed the advice of Mark Twain who reportedly said, "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".

7.  What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fun?

Another song only this time by the Ramones  "we're out there having fun in the warm California sun."

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

If you are lucky enough to still have your mom, please remember her on Mother's Day, if not tell another mother, sister, sister-in-law or any woman you know who needs a little encouragement that you really appreciate what they do for you and for others.   And say a prayer for my cousin, whose mother will probably not make it to see another Mother's Day.

Now go visit Joyce to see what everyone else has to say.

7 comments:

Jared said...

Word. So... um... what happened to the St Pattys day pic?

Laura said...

"message in a bottle....message in a bottle..." oh Sting...

You know those posters "Keep Calm & Carry On". I think someone needs to make one that says "Keep Calm & Keep Wipes on Hand". I seem to hear that advice from a lot of mums.

Amy said...

I also love John Mayer's version of that song...really good. I LOVE your Mark Twain quote, and boy is it oh so true. Just now need the where with all to not go there with foolish people...sigh.

Joyce said...

Love all the song references : ). Glad you played along today...have a Happy Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your cousin's mom. Hugs to you guys as you prepare to say goodbye.

thedomesticfringe said...

Lots of wipes - you're a smart mom! I'm one of those people who pretend to know how to drive. ;-)

-FringeGirl

Sara said...

Great picture! Your youngest and my youngest would be great friends! :-) I had breakfast in bed at the hospital too, but with the second one it as a candlelight dinner with tablecloth and flower. Although, since I was insisting on going home the day after the birth, it was a luncheon instead of a dinner. I think I also got sparkling grape juice.