The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer!


Today was the first day of summer and it was a gloriously beautiful day, the kind of day one dreams about mid January.  The kind of day where the sun takes pride in the blue sky, bouncing rays of golden light through the scattering clouds.

A day for swinging at the park,
for eating popsicles on the back porch.

A day for an early morning walk.

HT would race down the sidewalk from tree to tree and rest in its shade.

EM tried to follow as fast as his little legs could carry him.  He bounces when he runs and it is so dang cute.  I keep telling myself to get a video.  Perhaps tomorrow.  We had video of HT running but lost it when the computer crashed the last time.   He would hold one arm behind him as a ballast and swing the other one as fast as he could pumping with all his might.  (Sigh)

It seems inconceivable to me that one year ago EM wasn't even walking let alone running.


People keep telling me that having had my children later in life (40's) that they will keep me young.  Quite frankly I think they are making me older faster.  Some days it is impossible to keep up.

Today was one of those days.

And I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I know what you mean about feeling that kids make you older. They're a lot to keep up with! I chuckled at the photo of your youngest running. That's how my youngest looks when he runs too! It's very sweet. I'm glad you had such a lovely day. My oldest was just diagnosed with strep, so we're homebound for a few days until the anitbiotic kicks in. But, we're enjoying the view of the summer outside!! :-)

the domestic fringe said...

Sounds like a perfect kind of day! Glad you enjoyed it. :-)
-FringeGirl

Michelle DeRusha said...

I have to say, as an "older" parent, I feel like I am getting older faster -- especially when I look at pictures of myself when the kids were first born...my hair is so brown!!