The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Farewell

I'm really kind of behind in my blog posts. I have had several things rumbling around in my head to post about but haven't taken the time to do so and then it's the end of another day and I would rather commune with my pillow than the computer.

I mentioned in this post that my aunt was not well and would probably not see another Mother's Day and truth be told she died just shortly after noon on that same day. Things have been a bit hectic since then, but life goes on and you deal the best you can.

It was decided that there would be a formal memorial at her home church in California and an informal get together of family here in Utah. With my cousin (her only child) in Nevada the job of organizing and preparing fell to my sister and me. Our brother graciously opened his home for the event so on May 23rd we all got together for some food and some fellowship.

It was good to visit with family and reminisce.





I missed most of what was said because I was dealing with a cranky one year old, but apparently my aunt knew that the Lord was calling her home as her son told us that before she had left her home in California to visit him in Nevada she had told several people that she didn't know how long she would be gone and wasn't sure when/if she was coming back. She had paid all her bills and two months rent on her apartment. I guess it's pretty amazing that she even made it there. Shortly after she arrived she suffered a major heart attack and she had pneumonia and had not been taking proper care of her diabetes.

These two pictures are from the family reunion that was held August 2010.

Shelly, Brent, Annadelle, Christy, Chris

2 comments:

Jared said...

Thanks Sis. I think i have a couple more pictures. Ill send them to you.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Enjoy the family photos you have - they are precious!