The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Week in Review

Today was another glorious summer day, actually this whole week has been just lovely.


I have been getting up and going for a walk some mornings and have enjoyed the solitude and the scenery.


It was warm enough Wednesday to get the wading pool out of the garage for the boys.  HT was in heaven and wanted me to immediately call all his friends and invite them over.  He was so sure that they would all come that when I told him that I hadn't called any one, he stomped his foot very indignantly and said "Why not!" "Humpf!"  "Then who will I play with?"  I told him he could play with his brother but he was having a hard time being gracious.

Some days I have a hard time too.

I suppose that's when I really should stop and reflect on my blessings.

Like splashing in puddles on the driveway made from the sprinklers.

Like watching toddler legs running.


Too cute!

Thursday was a busy day, we spent our morning at the park with friends, had a lunch date with Papa, but he had to cancel so we ate lunch at home and then had a nap.

Well, one of us had a nap.  Pretty sure it wasn't me.

Then Auntie got home and we went to Bountiful for the Farmers Market.

It was opening day.

I was underwhelmed.

There were more vendors there selling tchotchkes than fresh fruit and vegs.  But we did pick up a watermelon, some "fresh" peas and a few vine ripened tomatoes.

We came home to find Papa with an unexpected bouquet of flowers for Mama and the stress of wrangling two boys through a very busy day all melted away.


Thanks Papa!

On Friday Auntie took HT to the Salt Lake Arts Festival and he came home happy, tired and looking like spider man in a wizards hat.  I had a heck of a time scrubbing off the face paint.



And now today is done.

Today was fun.

Tomorrow will be another one.

Happy Sunday everyone.

1 comment:

Laura said...

that video is too cute! I love how excited he is!