The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Monday, January 24, 2011

Almost Finished

Amy's Creative Side

Last week I decided to participate in Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge.  I am taking an applique class at one of my favorite quilt shops and we are doing Aunt Millie's Garden a pattern from Piece O' Cake Designs.  I have not done any needle turn hand applique before, but have done several machine applique projects.  I have taken several classes over the years on the technique, but have not taken those lessons home with any specific project in mind, so I don't have any real experience or practice at doing it.

Finally Jeannette over at Piper's Quilts and Comforts has de-mystified needle turn hand applique for me and I am doing it and enjoying the process rather than being intimidated by it.

So for the one thing, one week challenge I said that I wanted to finish the first block, well even though I didn't quite get it done I did finished enough of it to share and am confident that I can and will finish it before our next class.


You can see what everyone else has been up to by clicking on the link here.

8 comments:

ann.e said...

so pretty!! I'd love to take a class there... once this baby learns how to go to bed...

Cindy Jo said...

WOW! I think I need classes there!

Tanya said...

Wow! That looks very pretty and very difficult. I don't get how people do the stems, but maybe one day I'll take a class and understand. Looks amazing!

Melinda said...

Needle turn applique is definitely on my to try list...that and paper piecing. But I'm gonna start small. Maybe with a pillow. LOL

Lucy Jane said...

Wow! This looks great and complicated. Maybe someday I will try this!

sukie said...

I was totally going to take this class from Janette too but had to much on my plate to even think about it. Good for you!!

Brenda said...

That is wonderful. I love the colors!

Suzanne said...

Way to go! Feeling more confident is more important than finishing. :-)