The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


The new year here was ushered in with a light dusting of snow on top of the 10 or so inches we got on Thursday.  HT has been itching to go out and play but it is just too cold to stay out for very long.  Besides he's wearing his "new bran' coat"!


It has also ushered in the doldrums.  I have been feeling kinda in a funk lately and am not looking forward to a long cold winter.  Today the sun is shining but those who forecast the weather are telling us that an inversion is coming.


Oh, yeah.  Just what we need smog to cover our foggy days.  Poor air quality and low visibility.


But hey, these guys don't know the difference, they just know they like to play in the snow.  And a chance to get outside and burn off some energy does everyone good.


Been missing my mom a lot lately too, its been 14 years now.  My heart aches sometimes when I look at my boys and know that they will never know my parents.


Anyway, I hope the new year brings you tidings of good news and great joy and that God richly blesses you and yours.


I have resolved not to make any new year's resolutions, because really that's the only resolution I have ever been able to keep!





However, my prayer for the new year can be summed up in the following verses from 
Psalm 51: 10-13.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God.  
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.  
Do not cast me away from Your presence. 
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.  
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation.  
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.  
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways.  
And sinners shall be converted to You.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm sure you tire of the snow, but we rarely (read: almost never) get real snow in Alabama. I wore short sleeves today. When I'm complaining of 100 degree weather in August, I'll think of your tiresome days of cold. Happy New year! May God bless you and your family richly!

ann.e said...

we definitely need to all plan weekly playdates throughout the winter!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Sydney.

Aren't kids amazing -- they can ALWAYS find the joy.

Wishing for a bit of snow here to cover the grey ugliness.