The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hanging Earrings

Since Christmas is finally over and all the gifts have been given and received I can share what I made for my sister and sister-in-law for Christmas. Actually I should say we, because hubby helped. We painted and decoupaged a simple wooden frame, added some screen material, paper flowers, some ribbon (so it could be hung on the wall) and voila . . . a place to hang your earrings.

This is the one we made for my sister. I forgot to take a picture of the other one before we sent it off to my sister-in-law.



And in other news I am going to participate next monday in Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge. I figure this will motivate me to finish my project if I am held accountable to do so. If you are crafty and would like to join in, go over to her blog and leave a comment saying what you are hoping to finish and then do and post about it next week, showing your completed project.

Come on you can do it, you know you want too.


Amy's Creative Side

4 comments:

Diane said...

Great idea! I need some incentive to finish things. :O)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! Another thing for your Etsy shop. ;-)

-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

I was going to email you, but I can't find your email address. Sorry. Hope all is well!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Hey Sydney, I like your new look around here with the little seedling thingy background and the new header photo -- I haven't been by for a bit (I'm sorry about that!). Anyway, I love the super cute earring holder -- you are really good! I do not have a crafty bone in my body...