The Charming Tyrants

The Charming Tyrants

Good Words

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. - Anon

Monday, January 31, 2011

Ice Hockey

We have been spending way too much time indoors lately, but the weather outside has been cold and dreary besides having several "red" air quality days. And truth be told both boys have had an ear infection and EM also had a sinus infection and they are on their last day of antibiotics.

So this morning HT came to me with a piece of ice in his hands. Me, being the nosy mother that I am, asked "Why are you carrying around a piece of ice, aren't your hands getting cold".

"Mama, I'm playing ice hockey."

"Not in the house you're not, now go put that in the sink before it melts all over the floor."

After he put the ice in the sink, he brought me his plastic toy golf clubs one for me, one for him and one for Papa, so we could get more ice and play. I had to tell him again that we weren't going to play ice hockey in the house.

I'm such a cruel mother, there were tears and "Why?" and "But I want to." but I held firm. No ice hockey in the house.

So after lunch and nap time we went out. I think everybody had a good time.









Actually, I was quite proud of my boy for thinking up a new game to play all on his own.

So, how was your day?

4 comments:

Jared said...

Awesome!!! I wanna play!!!

Anonymous said...

They look like they had fun! You don't have any snow??? I thought you would. We are officially buried. Seriously, we don't know where to put it at this point. We've spent WAY too much time inside. It's driving us all crazy.
-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

I'm quite pleased with my sister, y'know that? Although I had to read "pieced" twice to get the Faber family (maybe not?) context. I don't believe that I've heard that term in that context for years, and I'm certain that I've never read it. Way to go, Squids! I love you.

The Eldest.

Sara said...

How fun!! And, how did you miss the snow? Your boys are precious, and your little one's hat is just too cute!! Great pics!